We’ve created an online New Student Application for our Core and Discovery Studies programs. Please use the following link for our GVCS Preschool application. Please contact our school secretary, Valerie Bringolf, if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
We have installed a locking mailbox in the front half circle of the school, on the left side, to drop off all hard copies of registration forms. Please make sure all forms are dropped off prior to the deadlines outlined above.
If you would like to have a registration packet emailed so you may print it out and fill it out by hand, please contact Valerie Bringolf. email@example.com
Grass Valley Charter School is open to any student living in Nevada, Placer, Yuba or Sierra counties. Students will be considered for admission without regard to ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability.
The application process for our Core program is as follows (see Discovery Studies and Preschool for specifics regarding those two programs):
- Registration application
- Lottery (priority status is given to siblings of existing students and those enrolled in other GVCS programs – see below for priority status criteria)
- Intake conference for middle school transfer students
Prior to being admitted into GVCS, students and parents will be required to:
- Attend a mandatory orientation to complete the registration process
- Understand the school’s philosophies, values and growth areas
- Select the student’s educational program or option
- Sign and agree to abide by the Grass Valley Charter School Agreement
- Agree to abide by the guidelines set forth in the GVCS Core Handbook.
We’re offering three school tour dates for prospective families. Please call our office in advance to confirm these dates and to reserve a spot on a tour.
TBD @ 1:00 PM
TBD @ 1:00 PM
TBD @ 1:00 PM
The timeline for Core enrollment for the 2020/21 school year is as follows:
March– Open re-enrollment for the next school year (2020/21) for continuing Core students, their siblings, and other GV Charter students and their siblings
March– POSTPONED Kindergarten Roundup – 1:30 PM – adults only, please
March– Open Enrollment begins for new students for the 2020/21 school year March– Close re-enrollment for 2020/21 school year for continuing Core students
March– Close priority enrollment for 2020/21 school year for Core siblings and other GV Charter students and their siblings
March– Close Core enrollment for the current school year (19/20)
April– Begin placing continuing students followed by their siblings and other students of GV Charter School programs, and then any siblings of those students as set forth in the lottery criteria listed below.
May– Deadline to turn in new student registration packets to be eligible for first lottery
May– First lottery draw ~Subsequent draws will take place as openings occur.
Mandatory Orientation for students drawn in lottery
May 28 @ 5 PM (Celebration of Learning evening)
Parents/guardians of ALL NEW students DRAWN in the lottery (priority or regular) must attend a mandatory orientation on
May 28, 2020 to complete the registration process. Another orientation meeting must be rescheduled if this meeting is missed. NO new student drawn will be placed in a class for the 2019/20 school year until this step has been completed.
GVCS Enrollment and Lottery Draw Sequences
2020/21 School Year
Grass Valley Charter School uses the following pre-determined priorities and sequences for acceptance of applicants to the different programs of our school. The reenrollment procedures and the order of enrollment are as follows:
- Currently enrolled Core students and children of .50 FTE or greater GVCS staff
- Siblings of currently enrolled Core students, and currently enrolled GVCS Preschool and Discovery Studies students whose current entry date in GVCS is prior to Oct. 1st. Lottery draws within this priority group will be necessary if there are more applicants than spaces available in a grade level. Siblings from blended or split households: his/her primary residence must be more than 50% with the currently enrolled Core student to qualify for sibling priority status.
- Siblings of both GVCS Preschool and Discovery Studies students whose sibling has been placed in Core. (Current GVCS Preschool and DS students’ siblings do not have priority status for enrollment into Core until the child who has been in one of these programs has been placed into Core.) – Lottery draws within this priority group will be necessary if there are more applicants than spaces available in a grade level.
4. New applicants – lottery draw procedures:
– Draw for the order of the draw (grade level)
– The first lottery draw will consist of all new applicants who turn in a registration packet by the specified deadline.
– Registration packets turned in after the specified deadline will be placed in the lottery for subsequent lottery draws as openings become available.
The first lottery draw will take place on Friday, May 8, 2020. This draw will consist of all new applicants who turn in a registration packet by the deadline, Thursday, May 7, 2020. Registration packets turned in after the deadline will not qualify for the first lottery draw, but will be placed in the lottery for subsequent draws as openings become available.
Discovery Studies Homestudy Program
1. Currently enrolled Discovery Studies students
2. Siblings of currently enrolled DS and Core students
3. New Applicants
Grass Valley Charter School Preschool: (Preschool draws are for future Core K placement.)
1. Currently enrolled preschool students
2. Siblings of currently enrolled GVCS Preschool and Core students
3. New Applicants